Monday, February 28, 2011

holy cow it's Oscars night.

Beneath all the high fashion couture dresses and clean cut guys we see on the red carpet, they're there for one reason and one reason only: to beat down all the other movies with their movies and make them eat dirt! ha!

But seriously though, I'm trying to squeeze in every movie that I can watch in my vacant time now but I believe I don't have the hours to watch all of the nominated films for the 83rd Academy Awards. What a shame. I kind of wanted to relate what people were saying about The King's Speech, The Kids Are All Right, Winter's Bone, True Grit or The Fighter.


Buuuutttt... I did get to watch Inception, The Black Swan, 127 Hours, The Social Network and Toy Story 3. Mostly I just focus on watching the films that are nominated for Best Picture because I believe that one brilliant film would sum up and represent the very best of 2010.



I wonder how this will play out during the actual event. I remembered actually relating to why The Hurt Locker won Best Picture in 2009, and how Jamal and Latika won my heart in Slumdog Millionaire on 2008. I wanted to give my predictions for this year but alas, I haven't watched it all. T minus 3 hours and it shall start!

Oh and I've noticed that since 2009, the nominees for Best Picture has climbed up to 10 which is usually just up to 5. Meeehh.

No comments:

Post a Comment